May 31, 2016

Why "Bohemian Candor?"

A couple people have already begun flooding me with the question so I thought I would write a short explanation of why I chose to name my blog "Bohemian Candor."
My original blog was my tumblr which was "Bohemian Residency" (http://bohemianlifetime.tumblr.com/). But that whole thing was and still is, just pictures I thought were real purty. I've never had an outlet like this before; an outlet where I could verbally voice my opinions, successes, and struggles. The closest I've been to something like this is probably my Instagram, but with that my posts are few and far between. The whole purpose of this thing is to keep you guys updated on my life, my travels, and my discoveries along with actively discussing my relationship with the Lord. I want not only to inspire those around me but I want to be able to look back and see how far He has taken me and the way I have grown.
My style has definitely been an evolving process over the past several years and it continues to evolve, specifically with my attire. Fashion has always been a huge way for me to express myself and over the past couple years I have been drawn to this sort of "Boho-western-1970s" feel. Something about the style is just very appealing to me so it felt right to sneak that word into the title of my blog:   
Bohemian:
a person who has informal and unconventional social habits, especially an artist or writer.
"the young bohemians with their art galleries and sushi bars"
synonyms:nonconformistfree spirit
(www.dictionary.com/browse/bohemian)

The process of picking a name was not as easy as I thought it would be. Once I had the first part of the name I literally tried sticking every "artsy" word I could find at the end: "Bohemian legacy" "Bohemian vagabond" "Bohemian simplicity." The list went on for dayz. 
I sat on Thesaurus.com typing in random words until I discovered this one:

Candor:
the quality of being open and honest in expression; frankness.
"a man of refreshing candor"
synonyms:frankness, openness, honesty, candidness,
(www.dictionary.com/browse/candor)


I honestly had never heard this word before, but once I learned the definition I realized it was perfect. I aspire to be an open, honest person. Not the kind of rude-blunt person, but the kind that is raw and real and is trusted to be authentic. Candor rolled off the tongue and I really loved the way it looked and the way it felt on the blog. 

And so, that is how "Bohemian Candor" was born. 
I hope that sort of sheds some light on the situation.
Thanks so much for joining me on this new, crazy journey. 
As always, mad love for you guys. 





Post a Comment

Bohemian Candor © . Design by FCD.