June 5, 2016

Packing Tips- Louisiana Bound



I'm leaving this Tuesday, headed into New Orleans to be picked up by my handsome beau. I'll be in Louisiana until the 15th, so I thought I would take advantage of the situation and share a couple tips and tricks on how I pack for a week long trip. 
Without further ado, lets keep this short and sweet:

1. Plan Your Outfits  
One of my biggest things is making sure I plan my outfits before a trip. 
I've learned in the past if I skip this step I end up throwing a bunch of random clothes in my suitcase which in turn leaves me with either an excess of clothing or worse, not enough!
And lets not bring up the time I forgot to pack underwear...plan ahead fam. 



2. Pack Outfits That Are Interchangeable
To be honest I was a bit skeptical about this at first. I'm the kind of person that will remember what a person has worn and if I see that item more than once I automatically think that person has no clothes (I know it's sad). But actually after trying this out I realized it's in fact very genius, especially if you are trying to pack light. "Less items= more outfits" seems a little funky but it is indeed possible, even for a boho flower girl like me. Granted this will probably be easier if you have a more minimalistic wardrobe and keep a more neutral color scheme, but like I said it's not impossible for girls that love those bright, colorful, patterns like me. 





















^You already know I had to pack a couple "bumming it" outfits...^
Honestly there are at least a couple more combination ideas but I think that's enough for you to get the picture. In short you want to have a selection of items that can be mixed and matched with other items. 
Moving on

3. Roll Your Clothes
Okay so my mom gets credit for this one. Back in the glory days when our parents packed for us, my mother introduced me to this method and it stuck. 
This saves a TON of space along with keeping your clothes from getting all wrinkly. So for a lazy "overpacker" like myself, this is the holy grail of packing tips. 






4. Layer Your Clothes 
This one goes along with step 3.
Stack your items and then roll.
This also helps with the space situation and, you guessed it, no wrinkles. 



(ignore the wrinkles already on that shirt...again im lazy okay. A least this packing method will keep it from getting worse) 




Boom!

5. Store Inside Negative Space
^fancy way to say "shove stuff in random empty spots"
you'll be able to pack your whole bedroom in your suitcase by the time we're done with all this storage space!






That's about it.
My travel beauty bag is an ENTIRE different story. 
If you would like to see a post about that or want to know where some of these pieces are from leave a comment down below and I'll leave a link for each of those. 




Hope you guys learned a bit from this and if you have any other sort of packing tips I would love to hear from you.
Lots of love
See you soon! 

*que John Denver "Leavin' On A Jet Plane"*

Oh, P.S.
I didn't forget underwear this time
I just hid them in that little secret compartment <3




Post a Comment

Bohemian Candor © . Design by FCD.