June 27, 2016

Top 3 Skin Care Favorites

Honey I'm home!
I leave for my new adventure in exactly 10 days!
I can't begin to tell you how hectic these last few weeks have been, and it won't calm down until I board that plane to Hawaii.
In order to cope with the "stress", I decided to pamper myself a little bit which lead to an idea for a short blog post: Top 3 skin care favs!


I am in no means a skin care expert and thankfully I am not prone to acne or break outs. But if I slack on water intake, or binge on chocolate and french fries, or forget to wash my makeup off at night, I'll wake up to beautiful Mt. blemish. So because my sweet tooth hates me, I've had to come up with ways to combat the "zit attack."
Here are a couple of my go-to skin care products (links included):
Oh and did I mention, all of these products are under $15!


1: Tea Tree Water Toner
Let's start with my toner. This is actually the newest addition to my skin care routine. In fact, I bought this bottle while I was in Louisiana visiting Stephen two weeks ago.
I have absolutely been loving this product. I have extremely oily skin and this has done an amazing job at controlling that, as well as evening out my complexion. Lush is one of my favorite brands because firstly, all of their products are handmade and they are cruelty free and vegan (heart eyes).
This toner contains tea tree water, grapefruit water, and juniperberry water and it smells amazing.


After cleansing my face, I just spritz a couple sprays directly onto my face and then gently wipe any excess dirt away with a cotton pad. Morning and night. 10/10 recommend.

2. Argan Wear (Physicians Formula) 
Next is a product I've been using for about a month and a half now. This was recommended to me by a friend and thought "eh, why not." You would think as a person with oily skin I would shrink away just at the thought of applying more oil to my face, but I actually love the way this feels on my skin. 



This stuff is golden. It comes in a little bronzy bottle with a dropper to help control how much you need. I will tell you, use caution when dispensing because a little goes a long way. Like I said, I love the way this feels on my skin; its a soft moisturizer that doesn't leave an oily-greasy feeling behind. I apply this after I cleanse in the morning before applying my foundation. 


3. DIY Coffee Scrub 
For the longest time I sorta neglected my body skin because, again,  I'm lazy. Because of this my skin became very dry and rough and a little bit bumpy (I know, wow Awn). I made this scrub myself and honestly have never had a more successful DIY turn out. Here is a link to a similar recipe to the one I created. I made a few adjustments because I needed more moisture and exfoliant. If you want to see a step by step with all the ingredients I used, leave me a little comment below. 



I'm not kidding when I tell you I used this for a week straight right before summer started. I do not recommend using it that frequently because it is a harsh exfoliant and you don't want to scrub yourself raw. At first, I used it about 2-3 times a week, now I would say about twice every two weeks. My skin has never felt so soft and honestly looks so good, especially in the sun. They say the caffeine from the coffee helps with stretch marks and cellulite, but I haven't noticed to much of that. My purpose in using it was to moisturize and soften my skin and it got the job done. I also had all of the ingredients at my home so I spent $0 on the recipe.
I went through an entire jar over a period of 6 weeks but that was when I was using it often. I just made this second jar about a month ago and have about half a jar left.
If you follow me on social media you already know I'm a big coffee fan/drinker so I have no problem smelling like coffee after a shower.
Totally recommend using this if you're into natural remedies and are looking to rejuvenate your skin for the summer time.


So there you have it guys, my top 3 favorite skin care thingys.
Let me know what you think <3

Lots of love
-Awn 

1 comment so far

Bohemian Candor © . Design by FCD.